Since I woke up to the schools being closed…AGAIN (thanks for the 5 a.m. phone call informing of me this, school district) and God only knows how many feet of snow outside my door, which was completely unexpected (run Sam Champion, RUNNN) I thought it would be an ideal time to remind you of a few things.
1. Spring is coming. It’s coming. The snow will go away. It will. I will make it go away. I can melt snow with a glare. It is my superpower. : )
How do I know this? How can I be so sure? I have already started shopping around for a few items to add to the wardrobe. Because I’m a pretty average size (8) things get snapped up fast and I have learned over the years that If I don’t grab it, it will be gone. As a matter of fact the shirt I mentioned in my blog a couple of weeks ago is already on backorder. But it is on sale, so grab it. http://avoo.net/yhcci I consider that type of shirt more of a staple item. Something to just throw on without thinking, by the way, not a big fashion statement.
2. It’s time to go through your closet and figure out what you didn’t wear this winter, release your emotional attachment. (it used to fit me, my mom gave it to me, blah, blah blah) and get rid of it. Also assess what you already have for Spring so you don’t end up buying two of the same thing.
3. I’ve been making all sorts of Spring jewelry. Truly, so much has yet to be put on my site yet, http://www.sueanneshirzay.etsy.com but I do have a special category for the new Spring stuff AND for you gift givers or MEN (come on, I know you guys are reading this–and you might as well subscribe, by the way ) I have even added gift certificates. By the way, I’m going to have a contest soon, the prize will be a gift certificate, so please do subscribe so the blog will be emailed to you and you won’t miss it. : )
4. Start looking around for things that inspire you. Inspiration comes from all kinds of places. This video is a great song, is beautifully art directed/directed and reeks of style, for example. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn84jwhL3W4
5. Think COLOR. No, not head to toe neon green, darling. Just a pop of red, orange, bright blue. Get yourself in the mood for Spring before it actually arrives. No law against that.
6. Do something nice for somebody. While you are still hibernating, take the time to do something that will help somebody else, somebody you don’t even know, and make a difference. To that end I have co-designed the Butterflies for Lupus Necklace. $20 from every purchase of this necklace will go to the Lupus Foundation of PA. As always, click on the pictures to get more information on ony of the items I have mentioned here.
Now. Pass me the shovel.